Thursday, January 10, 2013

I don't usually do this...

So I make it a habit to not post negative comments of books I read.  I just pretend I didn't read them and let others make their own opinion.  I mean really...there are so many books out there that everyone's taste and interest can be meant.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.  But the book I am reading is hitting a nerve with me and I just couldn't hold back.  I won't tell you the title or author but this book is bugging me so much that I went on the web looking for who in the world agreed to publish it.  Looks like it may be a self-publish so that answered that question.  Then I searched the author.  Then surfed for some other reviews, all luke warm.  And I discovered this is one of three books in a series.  I am almost, ALMOST, tempted to read another just to see if there is something better coming.
Anyway, to all the want to be authors, (me included) lets come up with something new.  This book has the same story line as Twilight except with a shape shifter wolf like thing.  However you don't really know anything about the shifter until you are more than half way through the book.  The first half is just this sad, depressed girl.  each chapter takes us through her school day, class by class and even discusses the lessons she does.  Ugh.  It just drags.  I keep reading hoping it gets better.  My other peeve is that a guy wrote it from a girls pov. Now I don't have a problem with that except that his take on girls if off.  We are not as pathetic as he makes us.  I find this book a good example of what agents say when they tell us they do not sympathize or like our characters.  I don't like her and kind of wish the wolf like thing would eat her.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't like her and kind of wish the wolf like thing would eat her." This makes me giggle. Kinda how I feel about Twilight. *Ducks for cover.*

    Btw, you have Captcha on, which adds steps to posting comments. Totally cool if you choose to have it, just thought you should know if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete