Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fade (The Ragnarok Prophesies) by A.K. Morgen

Fade (The Ragnarok Prophesies) by A.K. Morgen

I have had this book on my kindle for awhile, I love the cover art and that drew me to buy it.  This is a New Adult book, the characters being in college.
I had the opportunity to read a little excerpt of this book before it was published and I have to say the small changes that were made were exactly what was needed to draw the reader into the story.  The main character is a girl named Arionna.  Arionna's mother dies and she goes to live with her father in a small college town.  The death of her mother is a thread through the story but is not a primary story line.  Ari's first day on campus leads her to Dace.  Dace is mysterious and of course beautiful and most importantly connected to Arionna in a way no one is really sure about.  I loved how the author used mythology to tell the of the past that drew these characters together and slowly divuldges bits of information to add characters and suspense of the story line.  This book takes a new look at shifters and there place in the world.  The characters were vivid and I felt like I knew them.  Dace was developed in a way that we all wish a boyfriend would be.  My only complaint about this book is that it leaves us with a cliff hanger and I can't find any information about whether the author is currently writing the sequel.  If not...I encourage her to begin.  If in the midst....please write faster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment